Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Getting Ready for Halloween

I picked up a bunch of extra days at work so it has been pretty quiet around my house lately.  I did do a little decorating for the upcoming holiday.

Have I told you how much I love Halloween? 

It's just fun.  No gift buying.  No big dinner.  No family drama.  And it's a major bonus seeing the kids in their costumes.  I

I came across a few pins that showed window silhouettes like this one





I figured I could do one on my own. 

So I headed off to the local Walmart and picked up black posterboard, Scotch tape, an X-acto knife, and a cheap plastic tablecloth. 

I drew my designs (which I copied from a few Google images) on the poster board and cut them out.  I taped them to the window and then covered the window with the orange tablecloth. 

Here's my final product. 





I may add to the witch window and haunted house window.  It just seems to need a bit more.  I love how the tree turned out.  It took an entire evening but was worth it in the end.

I'll be back next week with my review of Plain Truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment