Monday, July 8, 2013

Welcome!

So this is one of my many attempts at writing a blog.  I've only ever regularly posted on one of them but no longer add content.  It was for a stage of my life that has been put behind me.  You are supposed to write what you know.  Write what you are passionate about.  Well, there aren't really many things that get me all in a twist.

What am I passionate about?  I have a house that we have very little money to fix up.  I'm no good at DIY but I try.  I have had some success and some failures.  I also have three cats (only one is mine) that get spoiled.  My husband doesn't encourage this but he is an enabler.  As you may have inferred, I'm married.  We walked down the aisle four years ago and still feel like newlyweds.  I'll try not to gush too much about how great he is. We also have two teenage boys (from his first marriage) that you will see very little of here.  This blog is my thing and they deserve their privacy.

The thing that I'm most passionate about is books.  I love to read.  I read so much that my husband forbids me from purchasing books unless I'm absolutely in love with them.  Seriously, we have a tiny house and it can only hold so many books before it becomes a fire hazard.  I'm lucky to have a great public library in my town.  It feeds my addiction.

I'm sure you guessed from the title that this will be about my house, cats, and books.  My content will cover whatever I feel like writing our home improvements, the odd story about our family, and book reviews.  I may even finally try out my Pinterest projects that are virtually piling up and show you what a mess I made of them.

Anyways, welcome.  Sit a spell.  And welcome to my little corner of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment