Friday, July 19, 2013

We're Having A Heatwave, A Tropical Heatwave

I wanted to put up a post today on the desk I bought at a rummage sale for two dollars.  I haven't even gotten to it at all this week.  It's been too dang hot.  There is no way in Hades I will be outside sanding when the temps are hitting the low nineties.  I live in Wisconsin because we are only supposed to get a week of super hot weather a couple days out of the year.  I've been kicking back, laying on the bed with a fan blowing on me (that's right, no AC), and watching Netflix for the last three days.

I picked up a piano off the street over the weekend and I have the feeling this is going to be a HHHUUUGGgggggeee  project.  My husband is not happy since I pushed it home while he was at work.    It needs to be refinished.   And tuned.  And it also needs two new caster wheels that cost twenty dollars a piece.  You know what they say.  There's no such thing as a free piano.

I'm working on finishing Atonement by Ian McEwan. I can't wait to finish it.  Not what I expected at all.  I also have a few books on hold at the library that are waiting for me right now.  I have no idea why the books all come at once.  And usually when I have five others that I just checked out a few days earlier.    I believe it is an evil plot to make sure I can't finish my books.

Since I'm kind of on the subjects of libraries, you should check out this website

Have a great weekend everyone.  It's going to cool off here so I'm sure I will.




No comments:

Post a Comment